May 15, 2019: Panel discussion on Impact Investing & Social Entrepreneurship
Bank of the West and the Women Initiative Foundation (WIF) cordially invite you to an exclusive panel discussion on Impact Investing & Social Entrepreneurship. The mission of WIF is to promote the advancement of women in the workplace and in the economy, by a variety of actions including engaging women and men in conversations that address challenges and opportunities women face in different industries.
Why this topic?
Impact investing is still a relatively small market when compared to the global equity market (respectively $502 billion vs. $61 trillion per the Global Impact Investing Network 2019 Report & World Bank in 2015) but holds the promise to accelerate needed change to alleviate the world’s issues.
- How can this type of investment complement or supplement legislation and regulation?
- How can it be scaled and used as a lever in ‘tipping point conversations’ (impact from capital & influence on boards)?
- Are fossil fuel divestment and investment in low carbon energy/industries possible at a time market signals are not converging (US withdrawal from the Paris agreement)? Can the Finance industry voluntarily and collectively drive the change in partnership with local states, big cities, and public institutions?
- Can the Finance industry voluntarily and collectively drive the change in partnership with local states, big cities, and public institutions?
- How can women, who are typically less represented among investors and entrepreneurs, be powerful actors & influencers in this movement?
The discussion, with the following esteemed panelists, promises to be fascinating.
Julie Davitz | Head of Strategic Philanthropy & Purpose Investments at Bank of the West
Nancy Lue | Co-Founder, Advanced Education Research & Development Programs
Stéphanie Regni | Founder and CEO of Fillgoods
Nolwenn Godard (Moderator) | Director of West Coast Operations for the Women Initiative Foundation (WIF)
To learn more about our panelists, click here and scroll to the bottom of the page.
Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Time: 5:30pm Registration | 6:00pm Discussion and Q&A | 7:00pm Networking Reception
Location: Schoolab San Francisco
Address: 400 Montgomery Street, Suite 1100 | San Francisco, CA 94104
Kindly register by Friday, May 10, 2019. Limited availability!
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you there!
Nolwenn Godard, WIF Director of West Coast Operations, & Bank of the West Corporate Events