April 24, 2019 – San Francisco: Impact investing and social entrepreneurship, what leverage for addressing the world’s environmental and social issues?
Our next event will be on April 24, 5:30pm – 7:30pm PST in San Francisco
- Stephanie Regni | Founder and CEO of Fillgoods
- Julie Davitz | Head of Strategic Philanthropy & Purpose Investments at Bank of the West
- Other panelist to be announced
- Moderator: Nolwenn Godard | Director of West Coast Operations for the Women Initiative Foundation
Impact investing and social entrepreneurship, what leverage for addressing the world’s environmental and social issues?
Impact investing is still a relatively small market when compared to the global equity market (respectively $114 billion vs. $61 trillion per the 2017 Annual Impact Investor Survey & World Bank in 2015) but holds the promise to accelerate needed change to alleviate the world’s issues.
- How can this type of investment complement or supplement legislation and regulation?
- How can it be scaled and used as a lever in ‘tipping point conversations’ (impact from capital & influence on boards)?
- Are fossil fuel divestment and investment in low carbon energy/industries possible at a time market signals are not converging (US withdrawal from the Paris agreement)?
- Can the Finance industry voluntarily and collectively drive the change in partnership with local states, big cities, and public institutions?
- How can women, who are typically less represented among investors and entrepreneurs, be powerful actors & influencers in this movement?